Aloe Vera or simply Aloe is a plant that looks bulbous carrying thorns and thus most of us underestimate its value but it is to be noted that this plant has an awesome medicinal value as well. Aloe Vera is rich in 75 active vitamins, minerals, enzymes, carbohydrates, amino acids, salicylic acids, and phytochemicals. We can use Aloe Vera for decorative as well as medicinal purposes and also for the issues related with health. Aloevera is short stemmed but it carries flesh and juice in its leaves which are rich in phytochemicals and other such nutrients beneficial for human skin. Every year, cosmetic industries make a great business on the name of cheap medicinal ingredients like Aloe Vera. Besides this, it can grow even in an environment with lack of water, care and other such growth needs. People are not fully aware with the health benefits, medicinal benefits, diet plans and safety precautions to be followed while using this plant which is why Aloe Vera is often associated with many questions from the side of people. Here we are mentioning those for you:-
Aloe Vera and Its Medicinal Benefits:-
As I told you earlier, Aloe Vera is a great ingredient for making skin lotions, cosmetics and ointments for burns and sunburns. Every year, many cosmetic companies are making a great sum of profit using Aloe Vera as one of their product ingredient. Some such medicinal benefits of Aloe Vera can be listed as follows:-
1. Aloe Vera provides quick relief against burns. It can be used as a natural ointment to get instant relief against burns and inflammation.
2. Aloe Vera is a great Moisturizer, skin smoothening agent and healing agent for everyone. It can be applied on the skin directly to enjoy the healing effect it provides the skin.
3. According to a report, Aloe Vera might also prove helpful in reducing blood glucose level in patients of diabetes.
4. Aloe Vera can also be used to heal the damage caused to skin by the harmful U.V rays coming from the sun. People also use Aloe Vera to diminish the presence of marks on their face and body.
5. Aloe Vera is also used in making hair treatment solutions. Aloe Vera has been found to be a great hair health strengthening agent.
6. Aloe Vera heals cuts and wounds quickly. Because of the same reason, it can be used as a natural ointment for healing cuts and wounds.
7. Aloe Vera extract can be used in the treatment of psoriasis and other such skin conditions also. Aloe Vera costs less and requires less care as a plant in terms of nourishment; it serves to be a cheap raw material for most beauty product based industries because of the same reason.
8. Even the soap making companies are coming forward these days with natural chemical free products like ‘Aloe Vera soap’ & face washes to attract people with their revolutionary products.
Health Benefits of Aloe Vera:-
Aloe Vera is known not just because of its medicinal usages but because of its health benefits as well. A single cup of Aloe Vera juice can make you immune and can help you keep stomach problems at bay. Aloe Vera is rich in countless other such health benefits, some of which have been explained here:-
1. People like Baba Ramdev are coming up with various health packed juices in this world of commercialization. One such juice is Aloe Vera juice which he claims to improve digestion and in fighting disorders like irritable bowel syndrome.
2. In some treatment therapies, Aloe Vera is also recommended for killing intestinal worms.
3. Consuming Aloe Vera juice is simply the best way to boost immunity and to enhance the functioning of body system.
4. Aloe Vera might also prove helpful for improved joint flexibility and against inflammation of joints.
5. Besides this, Aloe Vera proves to be the best choice for an individual’s appearance as well as skin and hair health.
6. Aloe Vera juice is also recommended for a quick weight loss.
7. Aloe Vera has been found to be a good remedy for treatment of blood pressure. It rather also helps to keep blood circulation normal.
Safety Precautions While Consuming Aloe Vera:-
Everything in this world comes with certain limitations if it comes with some benefits and uses. Same is the case with Aloe Vera. Where Aloe Vera is known because of its excellent health benefits and medicinal benefits, people often also associate it with problems and side effects. In order to overcome this rick, you need to follow these safety precautions while consuming or using Aloe Vera:-
1. Aloe Vera can prove toxic for an individual if ingested or topically applied in some cases because of its toxic properties.
2. Consuming Aloe Vera in large or more than normal amount can also cause diarrhoea.
3. If you have been kept on a drug based medicinal dosage by your doctor, you should consume Aloe Vera or Aloe Vera products only after consulting about it with him.
4. In some cases, people have also reported allergic reactions like rashes or hives after consuming Aloe Vera. If you observe any such change in your skin along with the other such symptoms like swollen skin, difficulty in breathing, chest pain or throat irritation etc. You should stop consuming Aloe Vera and you should consult immediately with your doctor about it.
5. Consuming large doses of Aloe Vera juice can cause stomach cramps and even dehydration.
Diet Plans That Include Aloe Vera:-
In The contemporary world, Aloe Vera has made a place for itself in many diet plans. Some such diets that include Aloe Vera have been listed here:-
1. Aloe Vera gel is used on commercial basis as an ingredient in making beverages.
2. It is also used as an ingredient in yoghurts and some desserts.
3. Aloe Vera juice is recommended for the treatment of indigestion as well as other such stomach related problems.
4. People in some parts of the world use Aloe Vera juice or extract as a beverage or drink.