‘Ashwagandha’ or something which has a smell as strong as a horse is a naturally occurring herb which is also known by the name ‘Withania Somnifera’. It is also called Indian Ginseng, winter cherry or Poison gooseberry at some places. ‘Ashwagandha’ is famous amongst people because of its awesome health benefits and medicinal benefits. Ashwagandha is one of the most popular medicines in Aayurveda and it is one of the best perennial herbs ever. The usage of Ashwagandha for the cure of worst diseases like cancer, ulcers and diabetes has been revealed and thus it can be taken as a complete health packed substitute for all. Some other such medicinal benefits, health benefits, diet plans and safety precautions while consuming Ashwagandha can be mentioned as follows:-
Medicinal Benefits of Ashwagandha:-
Ashwagandha is rich in several such medicinal benefits which make it work as a perfect medicine for all. Now just Ashwagandha powder but its berries, leaves and roots, simply everything is of a great medicinal value. Some such medicinal benefits of Ashwagandha have been described here:-
1. Ashwagandha leaves and berries have been used since ages as an ointment to tumours and ulcers. The roots are used in powdered form to achieve a variety of health benefits. This powder is consumed with milk or honey to consume as syrup before sleeping.
2. The dried leaves of Ashwagandha plant can be bought in use for the treatment of burns and wounds.
3. Ashwagandha root extract works well as a remedy against problems like stress and anxiety.
4. Ashwagandha works well against LDL or bad cholesterol problem and increases immunity and power output of the associated person.
5. Ashwagandha is a working remedy against diseases like cancer. It also works well against problems like Arthritis.
6. Ashwagandha is a powerful tonic against disease called diabetes.
7. Ashwagandha can also be bought in use for the cure of Asthma and other such breathing related disorders.
8. Ashwagandha works well against diseases like hypertension and stress.
9. Ashwagandha is also recommended as a remedy against Rheumatism.
10. Ashwagandha works well against bacterial and fungal infections. It is rich in the content of antioxidants which prevent the growth of cancer spreading harmful free radicals in the human body.
Health Benefits of Ashwagandha:-
Ashwagandha is rich in a number of health benefits of humans and human kind. Ashwagandha is an overall immunity booster food. People can consume it for the anti-toxic effect it proves them with. Ashwagandha boosts fertility, makes you compatible for your partner, relieves you against stress and provides you with countless other such health benefits which make it a perfect ingredient for your health.
1. There is no chemical toxicity reported in the chemical constituents of Ashwagandha plant. It rather kills and eliminated all the toxic substances and toxins present in the human body.
2. Ashwagandha is a sleep inducing herb which is why the word ‘Somnifera’ has been attached with it. Being a sleep inducing herb, Ashwagandha has the power to increase your level of sleep. People suffering from insomnia and other such problems can thus add it to their diet.
3. Ashwagandha is rich in anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidising, anti-stress and other such properties which make it an awesome home remedy against inflammation, stress and other such problems.
4. Ashwagandha has the power to boost energy, improve your overall health and to improve longevity associated with any person. One can thus consume Ashwagandha in order to stay fit and immune.
5. We know that willow tree bark works as a natural pain killer. Same is the case with Ashwagandha as it has the ability to cure a person against pain and inflammation.
6. Ashwagandha also has the power to bring down your blood cholesterol levels.
7. Ashwagandha is also rich in anti-depressant properties. People suffering from depression can consume it to overcome depression.
8. Consumption of Ashwagandha also reduces a person’s blood sugar levels and thus one can start consuming Ashwagandha to combat with rising blood sugar levels.
9. Ashwagandha root extract has the power to increase the secretion of thyroid hormone in your body.
10. People who are habitual of working with excessive workload and stress can add Ashwagandha to their kitchen as it relieves them against stress, anxiety and exhaustedness.
Diet Plans That Include Ashwagandha:-
Ashwagandha is mostly used for its medicinal value and thus people at an initial stage of any ailment might prefer adding it in their diet plans. The others with a stressful and exhausting schedule or hectic work life might also prefer adding it in their diet. The following diet plans include Ashwagandha for a better and improved work span:-
1. A person who recently underwent chemotherapy is likely to be advised to add Ashwagandha to his or her diet.
2. People with anaemia might also add Ashwagandha to their diet as it is rich in iron.
3. Ashwagandha is typically meant for those people who has excessive stress in their lifestyles.
4. People with seizures and convulsions can also try consuming Ashwagandha.
Safety Precautions While Consuming Ashwagandha:-
Ashwagandha is well-tolerable if consumed for short term benefits in limited small to medium dosages but if we start consuming it in an excess, this might also come up with several side effects. The side effects are still negligible if you consume it in a limited amount.
1. Ashwagandha consumption by women can result in an early delivery. Women should thus avoid consuming Ashwagandha to avoid any chances of early delivery.
2. Though Ashwagandha works as a medicine, it can’t replace any professional medical treatment at all. If you still wish to use this herb as a medicine, you should first consult with your doctor about it.
3. Usage of Ashwagandha as a stress relief medicine doesn’t means you keep working all the day and avoid sleeping at nights to keep working after consuming Ashwagandha. Ashwagandha is just a stress reliever and not a tranquilizer medicine at all.
4. If at all, you observe any kind of allergy taking place with yourself after consuming Ashwagandha, you should immediately stop consuming it and you should immediately seek for expert advice.