Olive oil refers to the oil or fat obtained by pressing whole olives. It is commonly used for the purposes like cooking, frying and salad dressing. Olive oil is also associated with the manufacture of soaps, pharmaceutical products and as a fuel for oil lamps. People use olive oil for its medicinal and health benefits. People since ages have given olive oil a place in their rituals, religions and medicines. These days, olive oil serves to be one of the major ingredients used in soap making and in making make-up items. Olive oil is used as one of the main oil ingredients in aroma therapy and it is used as both, a kitchen and bathroom essential in today’s world. Olive oil is one of the best remedies against skin problems, hair problems and other such problems. Let’s discuss some such health benefits, medicinal benefits and risk factors associated with olive oil today:-
Health Benefits Of Olive Oil:-
1. Olive oil has countless marvelous health benefits for humans. Besides being a nourishing hair treatment, it is also used in therapies like aroma therapy because of its aroma or smell.
2. Olive oil is rather also a great skin care remedy. It is one of the best skin care products ever known to mankind. It is a great skin cleanser, moisturizer and antibacterial agent for human skin.
3. The benefits of olive oil application can be compared to that of an emollient cream and it also acts as a perfectly natural and safe lubricant.
4. Olive oil is rich in healthy monounsaturated fats which prove extremely healthy for humans. Monounsaturated fats are rather highly resistant to heat which makes it an awesome ingredient for cooking.
5. Olive oil is very highly rich in antioxidants which prevent the growth of harmful free radicals in human body. This prevents the growth of cancer cells.
6. Olive oil is also rich in anti-inflammatory properties which make it an awesome remedy against inflammation.
7. Olive oil can help you lower down your blood pressure naturally. Despite of being rich in fats, olive oil doesn’t make you look fat at all.
8. A regular massage with olive oil has the power to strengthen your bones as well as muscles. People with weak bones can thus try it to strengthen their bones and body.
9. Olive oil has the power to aid digestion. It is a natural remedy for constipation and other such health problems. People suffering from gastrointestinal problems also get relieved by using olive oil to some extent.
10. Whenever you experience an irresistible headache, just ask someone to massage your head with olive oil. This will give you relief up to some extent.
Medicinal Benefits of Olive Oil:-
1. According to a recent study, olive oil is associated with a reduces risk of stroke. Stroke results because of a disturbance in flow of blood to the brain. Olive oil can minimize this risk in related individual.
2. According to a recent report, death because of heart diseases is one of the major worries in contemporary world. Olive oil minimizes your chances of death because of heart diseases as it is a completely heart friendly product.
3. Olive oil can also be used to cure neuro-degenerative diseases like Alzheimer’s disease.
4. Olive oil has favorable effect on Insulin sensitivity and blood sugar level. It can help an individual to lower down the level of blood sugar naturally. Thus we can use it for the treatment of diseases like diabetes as well.
5. Olive oil is also recommended for the cure of rheumatoid arthritis. According to a study conducted recently, Olive oil works as a pro against Rheumatoid arthritis which is otherwise a very dangerous problem.
6. Olive oil is rich in anti-ageing properties which is why it is used as an ingredient in making anti-ageing creams and cosmetics.
7. A regular massage with olive oil has the power to repair your cracked heels. You can use it as a repair ointment for your cracking heels as well.
8. Olive oil can treat problems like mood swings and depression naturally. Thus it can also help you balance your mood.
9. Olive oil has the power to naturally lower down the level of LDL or bad cholesterol from your body. Thus we can say that it is completely heart healthy.
10. Olive oil is used these days along with a blend of other such nourishing oils to make care care and hair strengthening products also.
Diet Plans That Include Olive Oil:-
1. Olive oil is mostly used for giving massage therapy or aroma therapy to people. Besides this, it is used in cooking as well. Mothers prefer massaging their babies with olive oil for better nourishment.
2. Olive oil is used as one of the main ingredients in the process of saponification.
3. Olive oil has antibacterial properties in it. We can thus also use it to fight bacterial infections.
4. Ladies use olive oil for removing their make-up while sleeping at night. This also helps them to recover the damage made by chemical make-up items to their skin.
5. According to a study, eating food cooked with olive oil added in it prevents the risk of breast cancer in women.
6. Massing hair with olive oil from tips to roots once a week can reduce your risk of dandruff problems and itchy scalp problem.
Safety Precautions While Consuming Olive Oil:-
1. It is to be noted that olive oil consumption should be made only on a short term basis or else it can affect your cardiovascular health.
2. Using olive oil on skin in an uncontrolled or excessive amount can also result in allergies of skin. It can also lead to acne.
3. People using olive oil for baby care also report rashes on their baby’s skin because of olive oil massage. You should use olive oil on your baby’s skin only after consulting about it with your doctor.