Rose is a perennial flowering plant that carries thorns and bears flowers with soft petals. There are many species of this plant and countless skin care products, beauty products and dishes are made with the flower of this plant. Rose plant bears an aggregate fruit called rose-hip. Roses are grown and pollinated to make scents, fragrance products, deodorants and various other such cosmetic products. People remind and remember rose as a flowering plant known for its flowers and thus most of the people know and regard it as an ornamental plant. The usage of roses and rose water in making perfumery and commercial cut flower crops has made rose plant, one of the most expensive plants in the world. A single plant of rose comes with countless health benefits, medicinal benefits and dietary benefits, some of which have been explained here:-
Health Benefits Of Rose:-
1. Rose extract and rose water have been bought in use since ages to make perfumeries and scents. This is because of the pleasant smell that rose flowers carry in them. People suffering from the problem of underarm odor get an advantage here as this helps them cope up with the bad smell coming out from their bodies.
2. Rose oil, which is a mixture of volatile essential oils has the power to serve a great purpose in aroma therapy which is a therapy that includes the usage of fragrant oils and scents for therapeutic cure of certain ailments.
3. Some compounds present in the petals of rose flower have been found useful clearing toxins from human body and thus help in weight loss.
4. Rose petals are rich in the content of fibre which makes you feel fuller and less hungry between the meals. This makes you eat less and thus if you are habitual of skipping your meals, rose extract or rose petals would be a perfect idea.
5. Rose water works as a natural cleanser, moisturizer and astringent for skin. You can use it as a regular face wash liquid or as a skin soothing and skin relieving face wash. Rose water works well to cure the irritation of sensitive skin.
6. Rose water tea has the power to regularize and balance irregular period problem in women. Besides this, rose petals have the ability to cure them against depression as well.
Medicinal Benefits of Rose:-
1.Rose essential oil is rich in antidepressant, antiphlogistic, antiseptic, antispasmodic, antiviral, aphrodisiac and astringent properties which make it a pro for immunity and health. It is also rich inanti-bacterial, cholagogue, cicatrisant, depurative, emenagogue, haemostatic, hepatic, laxative, nervine, stomachic and uterine substances which help it work as a cure against many other such health problems
2. Rose petals and rose essence can also be bought in use as a tonic against the problems like stress, anxiety, fatigue and restlessness. Rose extract provides a sedative kind of effect against fatigue, stress and fatigue.
3. Rose petals can be used as a natural treatment and cure option against piles. They are rich in the content of fibre and water content. Blended rose petals can be used as an instant aid to combat the pain of bleeding piles.
4. Rose water and rose extract works as a natural treatment for acne. It can also be used as a lightening agent for human lips. People with pale and dark lips can thus use rose water, rose oil and rose petal extract to lighten their lips as well.
5. Rose tea has the power to fight infections in the digestive tract. If you are suffering from one such situation, you can try using rose extract for this purpose.
6. Rose petals have the power to enhance the functioning of liver and gall bladder. They also have the power to enhance bile flow. Rose water is added in place of water while mixing powdered ingredients of face packs to add medicinal value to their ingredients.
Diet Plans That Include Rose:-
1. Rose hip, which is one of the products obtained from rose plant, can be bought in use to make jams, jellies, marmalade, soups and other such dishes which are occasionally enjoyed by humans as a complete food.
2. Rose hip can also be brewed as tea. There is high or rich content of Vitamin-C in this ‘rose hip’ which serves a great purpose for skin care, skin enhancement, skin radiating and skin glowing abilities.
3. Sweets like Barfi, Baklava, Halwa, Gulab Jamun etc. are made adding rose water as one of the main ingredients in it. Rose petals and flower buds can also be used as a flavoring agent for normal (ordinary) tea to turn it in an herbal concoction.
4. Rose flavored frozen desserts are also made, relished and enjoyed by humans. Rose petals when boiled in water work as a remedy decoction against sore throat problem and infections.
5. One of the rose products called ‘Gulkand’ which has ‘gulab’ (rose) at its initial part of the name, has been bought in use since ages for making paan, desserts and other such eatables. It can also be eaten separately.
Safety Precautions Associated With Rose:-
1. Never consume rose tea if you are in the stage of pregnancy or if you are breast feeding your baby.
2. People suffering from Anaemia or diabetes or any kind of plant allergy should avoid using rose petals, rose extract, rose water or rose oil before consulting about its usage with their family doctor.
3. You should consult with your doctor before using any kind of rose product if you have been kept on a medicinal course by doctor.
4. Rose petals never work hazards to anyone. I have myself consumed some raw rose petals before writing this article and it did not harm or show any kind of side effects to me in any manner. Usage of rose products in a moderate or controlled manner never causes any harm to you unless you are undergoing any medical therapy or if you are suffering from any kind of plant allergy.